Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Welcome,

Join us in our journey raising three kids, two dogs, and a relationship with God. We are a simple family with traditional beliefs, who tries to notice the joys and pleasures in every day life. Please feel free to subscribe and leave comments. I love hearing from you all, and I enjoy making new friends. Peace be with you, and God Bless.

...................................................................................................................

"Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter" ~Dr. Seuss~

Friday, May 14, 2010

Ears

Photobucket

There has been a never ending pace of whinny and crankiness in the Hughes home these past couple of days. With Charlotte running a fever, William cutting molars, and Jordan having an ear infection in both ears - they have not been able to find joy in much.

Thanks to a dear friend, we are now the proud owner of a child size porch swing which all three have found pleasure in. They have used it in play, afternoon down time video watching, and a relaxing place to lay while reading a book. I have to admit, I wish I had an adult size one for me and Chase.

This morning we spent the earlier parts of the morning painting pictures, then at around 11 o'clock, it was off to the doctors office for Jordan. With his ear infection, he has been miserable, sleeping every night with a hot water bottle. I feel for him so bad, being that when I was a child, I had serious chronic ear problems. I remember them being no fun at all. On top of the pain, he is having a huge hearing loss. The doctor said that he has basically a sinus infection that is more in the direction of the ears, and because it is affecting all areas, he is having fluid back up causing him to have a very hard time hearing. Can you imagine my frustration having to tell him things (every thing) about five or six times before he can actually hear me. On about the third time repeating myself, I am regretting saying anything at all. I have to make a conscious effort and remind myself that it is not his fault, and this shall soon pass now that he is finally on antibiotics. We take him back in ten days for a hearing test to make sure that his hearing loss was caused by his sickness and nothing more severe.

All I can do is pray that all of my babies ails will pass quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment