Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Welcome,

Join us in our journey raising three kids, two dogs, and a relationship with God. We are a simple family with traditional beliefs, who tries to notice the joys and pleasures in every day life. Please feel free to subscribe and leave comments. I love hearing from you all, and I enjoy making new friends. Peace be with you, and God Bless.

...................................................................................................................

"Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter" ~Dr. Seuss~

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sweet and Sour


.............................................................................................

Yesterday Morning we woke up to William in a lethargic state, holding a fever of 103.7. We immediately took him into the doctor, only to go home with a diagnosis of "some sort of" infection. We are blessed that it was nothing serious, just a little confused on how it could spike a fever so high. He is doing much better now, still feverish, but nothing as severe as yesterday morning.

We had a wonderful service at Church today. We participated in confession, and heard a wonderful message about Pride. I continue to think to myself on this subject, and how it is so hard not to be proud. I admire people with true humility. What is a simple example of Pride and Humility? My husband made a statement about pride, and people who have it, feel the need to flash their resume to others in a conversation for validation purposes. Humility is not identifying with your achievements, accomplishments or feeling the need to bring them to social light when ever possible. It has to be something that you are, and not just something you do. I agree, and feel that pride is a flashy, and gaudy attribute to have. I am a victim of pride in a very bad way. For many years, I actually prided myself on being proud. I have recently discovered the true and beautiful state in being humble, and having true humility. I would love to change my ways, to change my entire person into a person that carries humility at the core of her being. Who would like to go on the journey to humility with me?

We are very excited about this up-coming weekend. Not only will we be celebrating Easter with my family, but we will also be spending some of the weekend with some friends of ours visiting some more friends on their farm. I can't wait to get photos of Charlotte, William and Jordan with some goats and chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment